Today we played a few party games for our celebration inquiry unit. Many of these games used to be played before we had birthday parties at Chipmunks, Rainbow’s End, Gravity and Rock climbing to name a few. We had a go at wiggle the chocolate fish down our face into our mouth and who can eat the hanging marshmallow the fastest. No hands aloud. Sooooo much fun!
Today we were thinking about mindful eating. We had to smell an orange, lick an orange and rub it on our tongue. After we had described what it smelt, felt and tasted like, we got to eat it.
We also talked about the correct way to eat our food at school. Here are a few photos of what we talked about and Room 2 showing each other what it looks like.
- Sit down when we eat.
- Chew and swallow our food.
- Try not to talk with our mouths full.
- Rubbish in the bin or back into our lunch box.
- Tidy our area after we have eaten.
- Wait for the teacher to dismiss us.